Let owners Laura & Rob be your entertainers at one of our interactive events held twice a month. From Game Night to Murder Mystery Dinners to our once a month High Tea on a Low Table, we offer scheduled events where guests can interact, make connections, and have a laugh. Check out the calendar where the fun is already marked for OUR EVENTS.
- January 19th 4-8PM -- Join us for our first Open House. A Slovak-style Christmas Party with authentic Slovak dishes. Out of towners, you're more than welcome. We invited our local business friends over for a sneak peek of our renovations so far. After this, we can take down the tree. Hope to see you here at the The Golden Maple Tree Inn!
- February 23 --- Before we throw our first Murder Mystery Dinner, we must do a rehearsal! Let us know if you are available to run through the script with us while we feast a roast dinner! Please confirm with us soon! These free invitationals will help us prepare for our grand opening.
- March 16 & 17 -- This is a family style weekend for anyone that wants to explore the unique ski clubs of Rome and Utica. We will research Utica's Inner-City ski slope (there are only a handful of inner city ski slopes in the country!). We will also be designing a skiier's dream trip that will showcase tall the skiing you can get to within four hours of the Inn. We're talking about the Adirondacks, Lake Placid, Vermont, the Catskills. Do I have your attention? This is a research weekend before our grand opening and we have a few rooms left if you want to join us. And it's St Patrick's Day weekend. Did you see how much fun we had here last year? This is a tremendous opportunity to visit. The room is on us, you can pitch in for the beer & Corned Beef Dinner.
- April 12-14th -- Yoga Weekend with Tammy and Friends--Come stay with us Friday and Saturday night, with an all-inclusive Yoga session and Breakfast on Saturday & Sunday morning.
- April 28th-- Art Auction ---Join us for another fabulous open house! We welcome you to the exhibit of mixed media as we open our doors to a diverse group of Artists.
- May 18 --- Final month of preparation. Our friends from the May Faire will be joining us this weekend for our final free promotional weekend. We will be announcing the Grand Opening soon.
When the Italian side visits, they always bring food to share!! Monzo meatballs and my favorite San Georgio pasta made this memory one to savor! We visited several Italian pastry shops in Utica and walked off some calories in Old Forge. What a great visit with our family from Cleveland!! Thanks for making the trip and we look forward to seeing you guys again!! Stay tuned for future cooking classes right here at the Inn staring my cousin Marla, the Chef in Red!!
This past weekend was full of characters as we opened our doors for the May Faire folks. This was our first opportunity to personally get to know stilts walkers, a fairy, a jester, a magician and a mermaid!! So nice to get to know these people as their hosts for the weekend. The rain did not scare spectators off as Tim Parker produced the 9th Annual Renaissance Fair in Holland Patent. This fabulous & free festival brought thousands of spectators and vendors from all over the United States. Another great weekend in Central New York!! Holland Patent is just minutes from the Inn and home to 16 Stone Brewery & Pub.
We will definitely be recommending this amazing Italian restaurant to our future guests. Old Forge is about a 30 minute drive from the Inn and well worth the trip. Frankie is an amazing Chef and puts out unique house specials that you won't get anywhere else. And what a great location. Not only will you get the chance to enjoy the beautiful Adirondack Park, now you can savor the best gelato around. I had the pistachio and thought I died and went to heaven. Bravissimo!
As we wrap up our promotional season and prepare for our Grand Opening, we'd like to recognize our special guests. Tammy Pokorny fearlessly led our mutual friends to gather last month for a Yoga weekend headed by the masterful yogi Ms Kirsten Beverley-Waters. The group enjoyed a variety of yoga sessions, wine sampling at Prospect Falls, a cooking event starring Chicken Riggies at Unity Hall, a tour of Utica, and a beautiful stroll through Barneveld cemetery and Old Poland Road. Chef Rob prepared amazing gluten free meals and designed menus that kept all of our friends safe from allergies and delightfully satisfied. We thank you for your feedback ladies and hope to host you again in the near future!!